Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 25-01-2003 , 01:26 AM

Last edited by Ultragames; 25-01-2003 at 01:35 AM.
# 17 25-01-2003 , 01:38 AM
oooof. I dont mean great as in im the best in the world and you all suck and i rock ect. I mean im alot better than alot of the people out there. I know im no where near the best, and no, im not a pro graphics designer. I am however a pro web designer. I have made quite a profit from web design in my day.

# 18 25-01-2003 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
user added image user added image that makes me happy to hear you say that man. I hate people who think they are the best out there. That is some great work though, good job.. you can do space quite well. I am also a pro web designer, i know every corner of any type of weblayout to make, and have made quite a bit of profit as well. I have worked in photoshop for 3 years in plainly weblayouts and certain logos and banners, but I also am not a pro in photoshop. Glad thats straightened out and it seems we have a lot of the same interests. I will be learning maya as soon as i get this one book to get me on my feet. Then i will probably be buying some stuff off of this site in the future as well. I will be hanging around here listening and learning but not really putting anything out like you until i can make something like that chessboard or better. Im aiming for a Pro in 3d design though, it may take many years but i will work on it hours a day and learning new things wherever i can to be able to make stuff like that Yellowcar on the finished work page. What do you want man? You really take a liking to 3d art instead of 2d art? Is 2d art just not as cool anymore like it is for me?. Bye

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 25-01-2003 at 01:54 AM.
# 19 25-01-2003 , 03:29 AM
2D art is cool. But my lack of talent in painting by hand limits what I can do in Photoshop. I have only been doing PS for about 6 months. Im a fast learner. But id still like to do more. I figure once i get realy good at Maya, I can take what i make in Maya to Photochop and make it kick all ass.

For now im just using Photoshop to make textures. I've made some realy nice metal and wood textures already. Now i have to get better at applying them.

# 20 25-01-2003 , 06:30 AM
Subscriber
Heh, yea I am a fast learner too man I learned most of everything I know now in the first few months. When i was learning another 3d application within 2 weeks i was modelling full detailed heads (but that was like 5-10 hours a day non stop learning). Ok cya later.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 21 26-01-2003 , 11:48 PM
Here is the new image. I have changed lighting, and added shadows. I alos updated the textures to make them look more matalic then shinny wood, (both are based off of a self made wood texture.)

Before
After

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!