Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-08-2011 , 07:22 PM

Error attemting to render

When I try to render current frame on several models, I get he following error message in the script editor:

file -f -o "C:/Users/3dLab/Desktop/H1RIE (RonAug4)/mb files/protein_H1R_with_ligands3.mb";
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// File read in 9 seconds.
// Warning: The renderer ('base_OpenGL_Renderer') is not a registered renderer. Renderer will not be set. //
// Error: No object matches name: strokeGlobals.wrapH //
// Warning: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
// C:/Users/3dLab/Desktop/H1RIE (RonAug4)/mb files/protein_H1R_with_ligands3.mb //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
updateRendererUI;
// Error: setParent: Object 'renderView' not found. //

Can anyone tell me what that means?

Thanks

# 2 04-08-2011 , 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
It seems like your scene is using a stereo camera. Never had that happen but my guess would be that since you're using Windows Aero theme, Maya disabling active stereo is causing the loading of some information associated with your scene to become sketchy.

Backup the file and try turning off Aero.

- Genny
# 3 04-08-2011 , 08:25 PM
Thank you so much! But, uh, what is Aero, and how do I turn it off?

# 4 04-08-2011 , 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
Aero is a big part of what makes Windows Vista and 7 look pretty, with the nice glass windows and such. Easy way to disable Aero. However, since you weren't aware of Aero, its probably not the problem, but try that anyway, good for future reference. I think you may have run into a known issue with those errors linky link .

- Genny
# 5 05-08-2011 , 11:43 AM
Thanks again GecT. Followed the trail of links to https://animbyu.groups.et.byu.net/wik...RenderView_fix . Dumping prefs and setting new project did not work. I ran script listed as final solution at that site, and rendering worked afterwards. Still not sure what I did to cause problem, because rendering had been working fine before.
Initial problem solved, but, what are stereo cameras, and how might I have enabled them?