Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-11-2011 , 04:49 PM
Subscriber

Setting Up Demo Reels?

Hello Guys-

I am asking this so that once I am done with a model I am working on I will need to set things up for presenting to possible clients. I assume to know how this works but I thought to ask ahead of time.

Is it best to use Adobe Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro. Which ever one can you please explain how you go about doing this.

My assumptions are we go some where in Maya, tell it to record and image in a 3/4 view set back and allow Maya to create a turntable of our art. Now here's where it gets fuzzy. I see demo reels all the time and they go through 3 phases. One showing the wires. The other two show solid to colored textures.

Is this when you import to an editing software, set it up so that it transition between one another with type added of our information or is there something that I am missing completely here.

I've also seen demo reels where the model appears to be float while the back drop images are turning on the back wall as the model is turning. Not sure how that's done so I want even try and guess.

However are there any tutorials out there that walk you through this process starting with a finished model in Maya and go from there to the final movie ready for presenting.

Again I am asking ahead because after I am done with my model this will be my next step.

Thanks,

Cheers!user added image

# 2 10-11-2011 , 05:43 PM
The Nurb Herd
So are you asking how to render things?
Do you want to show off your modelling and texturing? or rigging?

I just updated my reel in iMovie

# 3 10-11-2011 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
Only The Modeling, Wires and Textures. I had no idea we could do this in Imovie.

So what are your stages starting from once your model is complete in Maya?

# 4 10-11-2011 , 08:09 PM
The Nurb Herd
umm, I think its too complicated/long winded for me to take the time to explain... Sorry.
have you studied the very basics of maya?

# 5 10-11-2011 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
Yes I am on my way. just have to stick with it. However I did note that I am asking ahead of time so once I am done with my models I can come back to this thread.

So if it's not a bother, I just wanted to hear how others handle this area. If that's ok with any of you out there. What I am modeling is simple just have to stick with it.

Thanks.

# 6 10-11-2011 , 09:48 PM
EduSciVis-er
Everybody handles it differently. For this video, I rendered the turntable three times, once with wires, once with color, and once with ambient occlusion. Gordon Freeworm on Vimeo

Then I used after effects to combine the passes together, using simple wipes to transition. Then saved it out as a video file. Hope that helps.

# 7 12-11-2011 , 02:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for sharing Stwert, Nice touch at the end user added image