Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-05-2014 , 01:30 PM
Lifetime Member

Red Line from mouse drag

Maya newbie here,

I have a strange red diagonal line in my perspective view port only that will not go away. Not sure what I clicked or task I did so I'm just stumped.

Also as I left mouse click and drag across screen another one appears but will not stay as I release mouse button. Little clue as to what setting I might have accidently turned on by accident.
Please help.

Screen shots attached.

Maya 2014 64 bit

Attached Thumbnails

PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!
# 2 07-05-2014 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
You could try resetting your prefs. goto Window>Settings/preferences>Preferences. then reset your settings to default. not sure if this will work for you but its worth a shot.

Sampson
# 3 07-05-2014 , 07:28 PM
Lifetime Member
Nope that didn't correct the issue. I went back to a previous saved version of my project and rebuilt my scene. I'll submit this issue to my instructors this week also to see what they can find if no one answers here. I'll post solution if discovered.

PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!
# 4 07-05-2014 , 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Just to be clear, you closed Maya and switched out your preferences folder, and on restarting Maya the problem persists? Could be a graphic card driver issue.

- Genny
# 5 07-05-2014 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member
What do you mean by switched out? I'm new to Maya so please explain.

PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!
# 6 07-05-2014 , 11:48 PM
Technical Director
Seems like a graphics card/driver issue to me. If you restart your computer, does it still exist?

What Gen means is to close Maya, move your preferences folder to another location, and restart Maya. Does it show up then? If it does, then it's definitely a graphics card issue.

If it doesn't, then it's probably a preferences issue (but still could be a graphics card issue). Now, close Maya. move your old preferences folder back to the original location, and restart Maya. Now see if it comes back. If it does, then it's a preferences issue. If it doesn't, then it's a graphics card issue.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 07-05-2014 at 11:50 PM.
# 7 09-05-2014 , 02:05 PM
Lifetime Member
This is resolved. I just went to a previous saved file and rebuilt my scene.
There is no known issue with my graphics card nor did I move my preference folder to resolve.

Thanks for your help.

PUNCH IT CHEWIE!!