Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-11-2011 , 04:45 AM

Exporting & Importing

I need someone to point me in the direction or help me find some guides tutorials on how to export and import properly. Please and thanks.

I'm having trouble when I export something and im trying to put it together in Sony Vegas or Windows Live Maker, I can't seem to find a .____ that can be used in those programs.

# 2 17-11-2011 , 05:52 AM
Technical Director
You mean renders? Your request is pretty vague. If you're looking through File>Export, you're in the wrong place. File>Export exports the 3d geometry of the scene. If you want images, you're going to have to render that scene out.

Here's a quick tutorial:

Maya Batch Rendering Tutorial - YouTube

On another note, 2000 posts!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 17-11-2011 , 05:46 PM
Sorry about that ;S
The video you gave me works out well the problem I have is in the video the guy uses Quicktime to view his rendered images. I don't quicktime and was wondering what OTHER options there would be besides quicktime.

Also do you have to render different image formats depending on what you make?

example : can I use .jpg for everything I render out or no?

or can you use 1 type of image format for everything you make.

# 4 17-11-2011 , 06:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
It depends on what software you want to use to edit. You mentioned Sony Vegas... figure out what image formats it handles and go from there. I think VirtualDub is a free program to view image sequences.

# 5 17-11-2011 , 06:33 PM
The Nurb Herd
yeah jpg would be fine for what you are doing.

use fcheck.