Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-05-2016 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber

Mesh importing into ZBrush in odd position

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble here. When importing the mesh into ZBrush, after UVing the creature, it's not popping up in the correct position. If you check out the image, the creature is now too high above the floor. In Maya, I've put the pivot at the origin, frozen transforms, deleted history, kind of tried everything I could think of. But now when importing the mesh its importing into this odd place. I'm only importing the body of the creature (the eyes and teeth you can see in the picture are a different subtool). Any help is appreciated!!!

user added image

# 2 08-05-2016 , 02:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
I believe the floor is defined by the lowest point in your subtools, so it's putting the floor under your teeth etc. Not sure why those are not aligned with your body mesh though.

# 3 08-05-2016 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
There wasn't any geometry below the creature. But I figured out that I needed to go into the position option in geometry and zero everything out. Not sure why it was coming in at an off position. Thanks!

# 4 09-05-2016 , 06:11 PM
Subscriber
Now I'm getting a different issue o.O

So I've UV'd everything in Maya, and in the tutorial, he Saves the Morph Target and then imports the UV'd geometry. When I hit import, it just replaces the sub-tool as a whole and I no longer have the morph target saved.