Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 07-02-2003 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by )v(
I was once told that my website was not anastetically pleasing, in which its all generally based on the same colors, and doesnt have anything too flamboyant. Now SM has the dragon at the top blowing red fire, which you used for your badge. But its not really one of the main colors. Its basically light purples and 1 light red. I dont know though, I will try to make some new badges with the colors of this site that are even (the hard part for me) and that are sharp user added image.

I think they mean aesthetically pleasing, which basically means that it looks good, or pleases the eye (the dictionary uses the word 'beautiful').

thanks for your comments user added image

I know what you mean about using the site's colours. So now I think I'll attempt something 'sharp' that uses the site's colours.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 32 07-02-2003 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
user added image, heheh yea.. i only heard that word once, which was on a forum when i posted my site. They described it with that spelling as needing balance and stuff... but your definately right on that one, i just looked it up and there is no such thing as anastetically, or anastetical and aesthetically's definition sounds on the dot user added image.. Thanks JB and i will try to remember this next time, so i dont make the same mistake heh. Also, its just something about working on webdesign, but centering images just does not work for me... I have one idea which I will try, but its weird and I personally dont think its professional.. but we shall see. Ok, ttyl. I havent been able to do anything because i am juggling 20 things at once :p and will be for the next 6 months

By the way, whats a drongo?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 33 07-02-2003 , 08:29 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by )v(
LOL, oh man nirsul.. you mean to modify that picture right? Thats like, 1994 style. Never thought of doing a ribbon type of design though.

Dont change just add a similar object to fill the empty right side

Nir

Nir Sullam
Architectural Visualizations Page: www.orvatsel.com/index2.html
Maya Page: www.orvatsel.com/maya
www.nirsullam.com
# 34 07-02-2003 , 01:27 PM
Subscriber
im in!!!

you can see my entry in this week

# 35 07-02-2003 , 09:17 PM
Are animated gifs allowed? If so, heres a try at the Member of the Month category. Thanks!

"It's supposed to be hard, if it was easy, everyone would do it."
# 36 08-02-2003 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by )v(
By the way, whats a drongo?

LOL user added image . Drongo is an Australian slang word that means someone who is a dope or an idiot. I put that in because I knew that not many people outside Australia have ever heard of the word user added image .

Snich, I don't think that there will be any problems with you entering animated gif's (although I'm not the authority that decides these things user added image ), just watch the file size though - I don't think you want to go too much over 5 Kb mark for these badges.

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 37 08-02-2003 , 02:18 AM
Subscriber
user added image, i learned a new thing today! Heheh, thanks JB. As for sinch, I have been reading over this message board and it was either in this thread or somewhere else that someone said that they used to have animated badges and it kinda "annoyed" the people. I dont think there are many problems, but you probably would have a better chance with a non-animated one user added image. I am not 100% sure though, maybe SM would like one user added image.. so you would technically have to wait for a responce from a moderator user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 38 08-02-2003 , 02:41 AM
Got it. Thanks for the heads up )v(. I appreciate it.

# 39 08-02-2003 , 09:52 AM
Kevin
great work all!!! yep snich so sorry mate....I forgot to add about non "moving" badges.. sorry to waste your time user added image

nice badge all the same!!

# 40 08-02-2003 , 02:57 PM
SM Tea Boy
ya sorry Snich nice badge we should have said no anim ones sorry mate.

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 41 10-02-2003 , 02:16 PM
No prob at all. I can get much better quality with no anims anyways. I'll come up with something. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

# 42 10-02-2003 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber
oops... the one i planned was a gif anim.... splatoosh

# 43 11-02-2003 , 05:37 AM
Subscriber
LOL, cool word though user added image

# 44 12-02-2003 , 10:53 PM
Well guys, Im back, and i thought since i am better with photoshop than with maya i would play around with some ideas for the mini-badges. Heres a start for the noobie one.

# 45 12-02-2003 , 10:54 PM
Woops, forgot to include the image.