Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-11-2011 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

Deleting Threads Created?

Good Morning-

It has come to my attention that my posts are annoying to one of the members f this forum. It was not my intentions to annoy anyone seriously.

I am new here and I am struggling with Maya. Before I post, I do go and look and research things on my on so you all know this. after I can not find the answers than I come and post here.

Starting over is not easy already. I am up day and night after this Maya curve and I will get past this point
and I thank you all whom do understand. I mean this form my heart.

But I thought this was a place people like me could come here and ask away without feeling bad about it.

Is there a way to kill threads created here so that once I post and get the answers I can kill it so that it does not offend this member. I find it insulting that this is a newbie site but you get a member that find the question annoying. I say just ignore my posts.

My deepest apology to this forum.

PenPixelsuser added image

# 2 21-11-2011 , 01:48 PM
The Nurb Herd
you totally miss understood my post and started a new thread... how ironic.

# 3 21-11-2011 , 02:31 PM
SM Tea Boy
This forum is run for the community the answers you get to your questions are not just for you there, for other people that might be in the same position.

There are 190 thousand members on this forum and the help and advice given here belongs to them all. Not to mention the thousand of unique visitors that pop in on a day to day basis.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 21-11-2011 , 02:58 PM
Subscriber
David-

Thank You for clearing this up. The only reason why I asked to delete a thread is due to one of the members here posted to me that my questions are annoying to him.

I understand what the forum is about, However at the same time. I did not ask for this member to throw a negative at me this morning. I asked this users to just ignore my post.

I do realize that other members will go through what I am dealing with. I do not want to annoy anyone. I am here for answers when I can't get them on my own. So my request to delete a thread is due to respect to others that may get annoyed with my basic line of questions.

This person assumes that I am not Googling when I do way before i come to this site.

again my intentions is not to annoy anyone. I get confused about Maya in comparison to where I've been is all and I though this was understood. It's not like I was to ask as much however I am a newbie here and I like others will have simple questions.

Again my apology to anyone that may become annoyed with my threads.

Thanks

My intentions here

# 5 21-11-2011 , 03:04 PM
The Nurb Herd
wtf? can you not see some of my replies?
I understand English is probably not your first language, but come on you can't still be confused.

# 6 21-11-2011 , 04:05 PM
Lifetime Member
Like Dave said there are plenty of people that visit SM some of us on a daily basis. It is inevitable that questions will eventually annoy some ppl but maybe they are just having a bad day, or week, or whatever. Don't worry to much about it I have actually learned a lot about Modo by reading through some of your posts they have been interesting enough. I think one of the biggest frustrations might be the love affair you seem to have with Modo on a Maya website user added image

Ppl are sometimes edgy don't let one person out of 190 thousand keep you from posting questions. Who knows maybe someone will start writting MEL scripts to incorporate some of your beloved Modo tools user added image that would be nice since Alias and Autodesk don't seem to intent on adding them in.

- Jake
# 7 21-11-2011 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
Joverall22-

It's not that I have a love affair with Modo. Modo is the only tool to compare what I'm use to is alluser added image. I try not to do this to much but what other source do I have to draw on so to speak.user added image

And forgive me but if I was having a bad day I would never take it out on someone I have no idea who they are out of respect as a person trying to learn.user added image

I will cool it down on the mentioning of Modo because Maya is not Modo and I get that.user added image

However I am here to learn how to move around in Maya and it's paying off, just have to understand How Maya want things thrown at ituser added image

Honestdom - Again my apology to you regarding my post annoying you, I will ask stupid questions because I am learning my way around. I meant no harmuser added image

Thanks user added image

Last edited by PenPixels; 21-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
# 8 21-11-2011 , 04:18 PM
The Nurb Herd
are you serious? Are my posts invisible.

I think its about time i quit this site.

# 9 21-11-2011 , 04:49 PM
Lifetime Member
Now you are being kinda unreasonable dom I get what you are saying about keeping his posts all in a single thread and it is probably a wise suggestion for PenPixels.

If you are really that annoyed with this guy you could always add him to your ignore list rather than publishing it to the entire site. If you want to talk about growing up and being professional solve your own problem before belittling someone else. Now lets stop clogging up the forums with personal problems and lets get back to questions about Maya. user added image

- Jake
# 10 21-11-2011 , 05:30 PM
The Nurb Herd
so, I guess you read the original reply i made?

I never said i was annoyed with this guy. His misunderstanding of English has led to this. I even gave him a direct answer to his question.
I suggested that his 15 or so threads are annoying and might be better in one thread. I think i have been around this forum enough to know that this has been done before.

He said in a previous thread "I will look around to search for it but thought to ask." i took this to mean that he asked here first. Is it unreasonable to ask for someone to use the search function and/or google? There is also a maya FAQ thread that people seem to forget about.

# 11 21-11-2011 , 05:44 PM
Lifetime Member
Dom I did read your the other posts and like I said I think you are right about Pen needing to keep his questions to a single thread it would make it easier for him. Also alot of his questions have previously been answered throughout the forums I think he has just been having a hard time interpreting them. You are always good to help out it would be a shame to lose you.

- Jake
# 12 21-11-2011 , 05:46 PM
SM Tea Boy
Sorry Dom mate we've made the remove user account function voice activated user added image so it looks like your stuck here

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 13 21-11-2011 , 05:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Lol Good call Dave

- Jake
# 14 21-11-2011 , 06:28 PM
Administrator

I think its about time i quit this site.

Don't do that. I'd miss you a lot and you'd be bored at work all on your own user added image