Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-01-2012 , 10:58 PM

Help Please. I can't select single verties.

EDIT: Fixed it! I hit 'b' on accident and the model was small enough that it would select the entire thing. I'll leave this up for anyone else that has the same problem though. lol

I don't know what the heck I did, but for some reason I can't select single vertices anymore.

I was playing with a polysphere with the soft modifier, and everything was fine, and then when I tried to select individual vertices to move, suddenly all the verts turned yellow. Now it made it so that I can't select individual verts on any object in the file, even ones created before I made the sphere.

Also, if I make a new project, make a sphere or something, and try to select a single vert, the soft mod tool seems to still be turned on, even though I clicked it off. Any idea what the heck I did or how I could fix it? I'm pulling out my hair at this point.

Last edited by SoftIce; 02-01-2012 at 11:08 PM.
# 2 03-01-2012 , 12:10 AM
EduSciVis-er

# 3 03-01-2012 , 09:42 PM
Thanks for the link! Yes, I'm sure I'll run into some other common issues too.