Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-03-2012 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber

curve thickness?

1) Is there a way to change the displayed thickness of a curve? I'm tracing a drawing in Maya and the curve line is too thin and hard to see, I already changed its colour but I'd like to make it thicker as well...
Thanks..

EDIT:

2) Also, not to create a new topic.. I have recently re-installed Maya and now I have the perspective camera (the default one) showing in orthographic views and getting in the way. I don't think I had this problem before reinstall.. How can I disable it from showing?

Last edited by nov2011; 23-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
# 2 23-03-2012 , 03:32 PM
Great community
Hi nov2011
1.)A curve doesn't have a surface to give thickness to, but you can do it through a cylinder. All you need to do is just create cylinder with proper diameter. Then, delete all the faces, except of the top. Position and align those (top) faces at the start of the the curve, so it should looks like the curve is coming out of the surface. Select both, curve and the top and extrude it. Go to extrude note and keep increasing divisions till it looks good. If everything has been done properly, delete the history of the polygon object and after that curve, as well. That's the way, I would do that.

Creck

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.

Last edited by Creck; 23-03-2012 at 03:49 PM.
# 3 23-03-2012 , 03:39 PM
EduSciVis-er
Creck, I think he means just a visibility thing, for viewport purposes. The only thickness adjustment I know of is the border edge thickness.

For the camera, you can go show > cameras in the viewport.

# 4 23-03-2012 , 03:42 PM
Great community
Ah, ok then, I just thought that he has a curve and want to make it thicker.

May the good times and treasures of the present become the golden memories of tomorrow.