Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-08-2012 , 11:28 AM
Subscriber

Blend Shapes

hi i'm am currently doing the alien tutorial and have come to the part where you create blend shapes, i go though the process of creating the blend shape and when i go to use the shape my characters head will move to the head on the screen that the blend shape was created on. does anyone no why this happens and how it is fixed, i'd b grateful of any help. i've attached a screen shot of whats going on.

Thanks

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-08-2012 , 04:45 PM
Your target blend shape node's "origin" should be set to local not world. top of the attribute editor as pictured. World will move the verts towards 0,0,0, the origin of the world, while local will move the verts in relation to the origin of the sampled blend shape.

Attached Thumbnails

--
Peter Srinivasan
Producer