Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-08-2012 , 12:56 PM
Acid44

Viewport colour options

How does one go about making Maya look cooler? I'm sure it'd be easy, but I don't want to go digging through things and mess it all up.

I want to make my Maya, look like this guy's Maya, orange selection, black wireframe, darker viewport background, etc. Seems it would be easier on the eyes that way

New WIP Aston Martin DBS 3d Model - YouTube

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. For anyone else wondering, you just have to go to Window>Settings/Preferences>Color Settings, and play around in there, some of the naming is a bit hard to follow, so just play with a setting and reset to default if it isn't the one you want.

Last edited by Acid44; 15-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.
# 2 15-08-2012 , 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
You'll never look back. After I changed the wirefame to black, the verts to white and selected components to red, it made life much easier, better than that weird default beige and I've been backing up those prefs religiously for a while now lol user added image

- Genny
# 3 16-08-2012 , 01:02 AM
Acid44
Yeh, it's so much better of a work experience with different color settings, easier on the eyes, easier to see the mesh against the dark background, and so on. I don't know how I managed to go so far with the crappy default :p

Any idea how to change the wireframe colour on a global level, rather than using layers, or doing it object by object with the Display>Wireframe Color thingy? I couldn't find it in the color settings

EDIT: Nevermind, found it again. Inactive>Objects>Polygon surfaces/NURBS/Subdiv/whatever

Last edited by Acid44; 16-08-2012 at 01:05 AM.