Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-09-2012 , 07:05 PM

nurbs primitive circle/vertex won't snap to grid...

(using maya 2013) - i'm having difficulties getting this nurbs primitive circle to snap to grid from the side. i want to turn it into a straight line, but when i press and hold the x, then move it with the move tool, it won't snap to grid and won't become a straight line! what am i doing wrong? the button for "snap to grids" is not selected. attached is the image of the curve from its side. if anybody could help me please that would be super! thank you! user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-09-2012 , 07:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
In your move tool, make sure you are in world mode, and that Retain component spacing is unchecked.

# 3 17-09-2012 , 07:34 PM
ALRIGHT! you're amazing! thank you so much! retain was checked off, but i unchecked it. all good to go.