Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-06-2012 , 12:03 PM

NEED HELP ON MAYA SSS

Hello everyone.
As i have seen many people making great and realistic skin. So First time i try my hand on Skin shading in Maya.

I come out with a result that looks waxy to me and I play around with settings but didn't get the desired result.

Its been good if you guyz give me some tips for SSS.

I have attached an Image with setting in Maya SSS

and any website from where i can get human textures downloadable. I tried on 3dsk but thats a paid site...

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-09-2012 , 09:40 AM
You are going to need to UV this head and texture the diff maps. You will need the overall, epidermal, subdermal, backscatter, and specular maps... On my textured head I have 8 diff maps running once I factor in falloff and normal with displacement... You will also want to look into the lightmap node of the sss. It has a bias in it that will tweak the bounceback of light off the texture. This SSS is a beast and the settings are many...

# 3 27-09-2012 , 12:28 PM
The thin red line
I think it helps to break each layer down and build one at a time.............dave