Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 09-10-2012 , 11:22 PM

Zbrush UV/Polypaint issues? UV Map messes up before export?

Hello. I am having troubles exporting the polypaint map from Zbrush to be imported into Maya?

The map is perfect when I haven't touched a thing or any of the settings...

But when I go to Texture Map > New from Polypaint, The UV Map messes up on the arms and on the lips. The polypaint goes out of place.

I have already UV Mapped the model using UV Mapper, and reimporting it into the SubTool palette.

The UV Map works fine, but when I click New from Polypaint, that's when I have problems.

I have a before picture, before I clicked any of the settings, then an after picture showing what happens after I click the New From Polypaint. I also have a picture of my settings.

BEFORE

user added image

AFTER (With New From Polypaint)

user added image

SETTINGS

user added image

HERE IS A PICTURE OF THE BODY MESH IN MAYA, You can see how misplaced the map is.

user added image

What do I do? Thank you for your time.

- Justin

Last edited by JustMcCollum; 09-10-2012 at 11:32 PM.
# 2 10-10-2012 , 01:10 PM
Please, I need help. This is for my college project. My school doesn't teach Zbrush, and nobody in my class plays with this program but me. The teacher says I can bring in a character from Zbrush into Maya and rig it for my graded project.

But I can't until I get this texture right.

Can somebody please, please help me?

# 3 10-10-2012 , 03:59 PM
The thin red line
What do your UVs look like with texture on in maya the UVs might need flipping or the texture, also check that that there is no transparencey on the shader.............dave

Last edited by daverave; 10-10-2012 at 04:10 PM.