Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 05-01-2013 , 05:40 PM
Yeah, i tried the new scene thing, i have 2012, this is because my college has it. Can anyone else with 2012 help me? Because that drill is perfect user added image

# 17 05-01-2013 , 10:18 PM
This is my last post on this topic. Did you try importing the dae file into maya 2012. Not the maya scene. I just imported it into my 2012 version and it works fine. This is not really all that hard to do. You open maya. Then drag and drop the unzipped dae into the perspective view. THAT'S IT....

I mean where is your teacher for this?

Last edited by Chavfister; 06-01-2013 at 05:58 AM.
# 18 06-01-2013 , 08:55 PM
its an unrecognized file type. Like opening an adobe file in word! Anyone else reading please help!

# 19 07-01-2013 , 07:38 PM
Lifetime Member

its an unrecognized file type. Like opening an adobe file in word! Anyone else reading please help!

Go to Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Plug-in Manager and make sure the fbxmaya.mll plugin is loaded. This plugin is needed to import dae files. (Hitachi accuboor.dae inside Hitachi.zip)

Attached Images

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 20 07-01-2013 , 08:44 PM
Thank you very much, at least someone is willing to help! Thats all i wanted chavfister is such a bitter individual, can make his damn mind up about helping or not helping.

Once again thank you PixalZA!! Much appreciated.

# 21 07-01-2013 , 09:06 PM
Technical Director
Come on guys, let's not egg each other on. Some people need a little more guidance than others.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 22 07-01-2013 , 09:18 PM
Yeah...... Bitter? As he sits there and uses the file I found and exported for him.

# 23 07-01-2013 , 11:10 PM
Super Moderator
If Chavfister wasn't trying to be helpful, I doubt you would've gotten more than two posts out of him if any at all, he helps others around this board and I'm assuming also that he just didn't want to spoon feed you because if you're having trouble with this, Maya is most likely going to rake you over the coals down the road.

And anyone in a position to help you has done some heavy lifting so the "Cant you just make life easy for a newbie and just explain it?" and not wanting to download a small and free program in order to get the model you like so much smacks of laziness and probably didn't go over so well, especially since he searched for model, told you how to import it and even posted files himself. We try to help each other on these boards and calling someone bitter after they went out of their way to help is not cool.

- Genny
# 24 08-01-2013 , 04:37 AM
Lifetime Member

Thank you very much, at least someone is willing to help! Thats all i wanted chavfister is such a bitter individual, can make his damn mind up about helping or not helping.

Don't thank me. Thank Chavfister. He did all the work of finding the model and exporting it into formats that Maya understands.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.