Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-01-2013 , 09:48 PM

Baked texture different than the render view

Hello,

I made a render with Mental Ray, the result is here...

user added image

Then I baked this to texture with Mental Ray, the result file was attached to object:

user added image

Mentral ray bake texture options:

user added image

Is it possible to create a texture, which can be visible on the Rendered image?

Last edited by ibax; 21-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.
# 2 22-01-2013 , 08:53 AM
The thin red line
Possible UV are flipped or normals, from the look of it your texture are upside down and are showing the underside...................dave

# 3 22-01-2013 , 10:26 AM

Possible UV are flipped or normals, from the look of it your texture are upside down and are showing the underside...................dave

hmm, why do you think that the textures are upside down? in the uv creation I used the automatic mapping. I will check the normals also.

So do you also think, that I should expect the same texture after baking, what I also created with the mental ray render?

# 4 22-01-2013 , 10:32 AM
The thin red line
It could be how you UVs are layed out, could you show a pic of your UVs and your texture..............dave

# 5 22-01-2013 , 10:52 AM

It could be how you UVs are layed out, could you show a pic of your UVs and your texture..............dave

Ok, I will show it in the evening, currently I'm not at home...

# 6 22-01-2013 , 05:03 PM
hello,

I hope these pictures will show, what you need...

user added image

user added image

I don't say, that the baked texture looks bad, but the rendered one looks more realistic, and this is what I would like achive, as a texture.

The normals look also good:

user added image

Any idea, how to achive that texture, which is in the rendered picture?

# 7 22-01-2013 , 06:39 PM
The thin red line
like some thing has gone wrong with the bake, I did notice that the first step on the before bake had the same shadow. See if you can get rig of this first then do a bake again..................dave