Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-02-2013 , 12:24 AM

Skinned parts of Model float around when moved in group

Hi,
I'm just giving rigging a try. So far, it has been working okay, I had all the controls set up the way I had imagined them.

The problem now is, that for some reason I cannot find, as soon as I group all of the single parts, the one that are skinned to the joins are moving faster than the rest (as you can see in the pictures I made), so the model is torn apart.

Has anyone an Idea what this could be? I already tried deleting history, but it didn't work, still the same. I'm grateful for every help I can get.

Greetings
Senshi

//Edit: Found it, apparently it was a problem that those parts were skinned and put into the group. Now I skinned them and put them outside the main group and now it works fine.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Senshi; 03-02-2013 at 12:56 AM.
# 2 09-02-2013 , 07:16 PM
This is happening because you have double transformations. Happens when the Position, Rotation, Scale are still visible and not locked. You need to lock and hide the group options underneath the master group by highlighting those boxes in the attr window and right clicking and then selecting "lock and hide" . Otherwise it is like you are moving double the amount.