Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-08-2013 , 06:22 AM

Maya Playblast issue it creates extra frames

Hi guys,

Ok so the trouble is that Playblast creates a double frame at the end.
I am using Maya 32bit on Win7 .This issue started appearing a couple weeks back and its going on my nerves.
What happens is that if my animation is 0-30 and my time slider is open from 0-30, playblast that comes out has 0-31 frames with frame 31 being a copy of frame 30.
Now obviously if I playblast a walk cycle it wont be smooth. And trouble is I tried this with any playblast format like mov and avi and what not.

Can anyone help out or maybe had a similar situation?

Cheers

# 2 06-08-2013 , 08:09 PM
I'm no animation expert.

Had to get that outta the way first. I always, always have my timeline start from frame 1 (i.e. 1-31). I think I've had issues in the past with mental ray not being able to render values on the timeline less than 1.

I'd try and shift all your keyframes over to end on frame 31 and start on frame 1. That hopefully should fix this problem. The best way I can think of (there's probably a million ways) to move your keyframes over is to select your animation control and in the Graph Editor select all the keyframes and have the Move Tool selected - hold Shift and drag the keys over to the right.

Best,
Colby