Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-10-2013 , 10:33 PM

Character's eyes stay black after baking

Hello ! I've searched alot but couldn't find a solution to my problem. When I do a render view of my character (maya 2014) it looks fine but as soon as I bake it, the eyes stay completely black. I checked the normals but they are fine. The eyes consists of one sphere (eyeball) and two half spheres (eyelids). I have attached some images showing before/after, my settings etc., to clear out what I'm talking about.

Any help is appreciated a lot as this issue is driving me crazy, thanks !

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-10-2013 , 11:26 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
From the second screen shot, it appears that there is no texture information on the eyes, that's why they are showing as black not the ao information. Im not able to hop on a computer right now, but you might want to do another ao pass and make sure your eyes are getting the right texture info

# 3 18-10-2013 , 02:09 PM
Another thing to be aware of is that overlapping UVs can cause these kinds of issues with AO baking. Do the eyes have UVs, and if they do are they just a planar projection?