Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-04-2014 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber

uv's going very squiffy, havent seen this before

hi all,

I really need some advice uv-ing this piece, its a card holder for a juke box. I've only used procedurals until now, and everything's been fine uv-ing so far, so sorry in advance if its something obvious. The front piece is quite a dense mesh (its not being smoothed) and the back piece has some faces around the edges but you wont see it so most have been deleted out.

I cut off the back piece and cut the corners in the uv editor, and the back piece unfolded vertically perfectly, but then the front piece goes really weird - any suggestions at all with this, i would be so grateful!

thanks
nicky

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-04-2014 , 04:22 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
sometimes when the uvs dont flip right it can mean they are reversed, so make sure they are the correct way around first and give it another go.

Also the mesh isnt very clean....as in its overly dense with polys on the corners there...it can be alot simpler

Jay

# 3 06-04-2014 , 06:22 PM
Subscriber
thanks Jay - they were indeed reversed and did unfold a bit better after a flip but its still warping a lot - i'll take your advice and start afresh with less crap!