Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-05-2014 , 07:13 PM

MAYA 14 won't start anymore

Hi all,

I've seen that I had done something 'wrong' in one of my render layers as I wanted to batch render then I stopped it. After that, the batchrender wouldn't start again. I then closed Maya and wanted to reopen it. I deleted the save file which Maya creates automatically when batch rendering. It still doesn't start... regrettably. It's always crashing. I had this problem once before. As far as I know I need to delete some files within particular folders... but as I don't know what files anymore I am asking for your help. I am not sure if it is in the 'Preferences' Folder within the Library where all those PLIST's are? I vaguely can remember I have to delete all files which are related to Maya... and there must be a second folder with files to be deleted... please help me. user added image I really need Maya as soon as possible. user added image

Hoping for a fast reply

P.s. I am a Mac User.

Thanks in advance!
Alex

# 2 07-05-2014 , 07:58 PM
I forgot to mention that I wanted to uninstall Maya... and therefore I needed to delete some preference files but.... it's working again. All I've done was to restart my Mac and Maya started to work again. I once had some issue with Mudbox and restarting the Mac was of no help, I needed to uninstall the software...

Cheers

Alex