Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 24-05-2014 , 02:16 AM

Dino Neck Rig moving weird

Hey Guys

So I have been trying to get this dino rigged ( followed the digital tutors rigging tutorial for maya) but Im getting strange problems with the neck and head in terms of rotating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCMnxkZ26M

I made a quick video to illustrate this, the neck for some reason started rotating as you can see and the head is sort of acting like it has parkensons when moving. Any help would be great

# 2 24-05-2014 , 10:48 AM
The thin red line
I would have thought that the bigger problem is that the arms and the head did not move with the body, have you done a playblast to see how it works when animated...............dave

# 3 24-05-2014 , 12:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, I havent done a playblast yet mainly because I have that problem. The head eventually follows the neck after rotating it a bit I think its something to do with the first neck joint but not sure what I have done to cause it and in terms of the arms I used the paint weights tool to change the influences until I can understand why the neck is acting this way (atleast I thought that would have been the smart thing to do).

A wee bit more information on it the neck has an IK Spline curve which is connected to a Joint drv in between the neck and head. and its meant to be controlled by the arrow at the top of the head but yeah that is the result.

Last edited by Greenbullet; 24-05-2014 at 12:53 PM.