Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-08-2014 , 04:06 AM

Question about a paint effects tree

Hey everyone!

I have a quick question in relation to a paint effects brush stroke.

Currently I am trying to model a 3d forrest environment based off of some reference photography I took. I am using Maya 2014, and I am rendering with mental ray with global illumination and final gathering.

There is one paint effects tree that I used called the Keyaki Street brush. Whenever I convert this tree to polygons and then render it in mental ray, I notice that it has a strange glow. It is as if the tree has a high level of incandescence...even though I have checked the tubes shaders and the incandescence is at 0.

I believe that I changed the tube shader color to brown... so the bark should appear to be dark. Huser added imageuser added imageowever, it is giving off a bright white light... and I don't know how to fix it. None of the other tree brushes I used have been giving me this problem... so I am pretty confused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks