Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 29-04-2016 , 12:22 PM
EduSciVis-er
It might be worth asking what exactly you want to accomplish and whether it's worth changing core functionality like this. Customization is good, but if you ever work somewhere using Maya, you probably want to be used to the regular marking menu positions.

# 17 03-05-2016 , 02:47 PM
could anyone give me a hint so i could keep working on it i really would love to change it to fit my needs but i am no coder so gets harder user added image.

thanks

# 18 03-05-2016 , 02:50 PM
EduSciVis-er
Like I said, it's not clear exactly what you want to happen. Can you maybe draw a picture of the marking menu you want?

# 19 04-05-2016 , 02:02 PM
sure Stwert thanks for asking,

i was thinking something like this

but if possible i would like to be able to change the cod inside them, i am not sure if its possible but maybe would be easier if i could make like 6 mel scripts for each command and just link them to the MM?

thank you.

Attached Images
# 20 04-05-2016 , 02:58 PM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, I have to admit I'm still confused about the need to change the positions of these commands. As you've found, it's not a trivial task to change such core functionality, and if you ever use Maya on another computer, it's going to be much slower to use than if you got used to the existing locations.

However, it sounds like you want not only different positions, but different commands? Maybe what you want to do is just create a new marking menu from scratch and either bind it to a hotkey or the hotbox itself? This is much easier and I've made a tut about that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GNz...8OChNN&index=4 (part of a larger playlist on marking menus)

# 21 04-05-2016 , 05:33 PM
i understand Stwert if i had to work on another place i would probably make a bat file to change the files by 1 click but its not the case.

about changing the positions well the object mode is quite the problem not in a nice place i would prefer to have it in N W E S position for fast selection and not missing it.

i am used to have them in my mouse since i had keys for that but yet i have to do some gymnastics with my fingers which aint that good if we think ahead.

about MM i have been using them since day 1 almost i really love to work without moving the mouse to everywhere and to have the tools organized the way i want, actually i have all my MM full and even have some by key but i would prefer to use only the RMB instead of another key to trigger it.

so far, or i can come up with this marking menu using the RMB that would be a lot better or i will have to put them in my keyboard user added image.

yeah that would be what i wanted user added image to be able to make a MM but then to use the RMB instead of a combination of Alt/Ctrl/Shift, that is the only why all the work on this user added image.

thanks for helping.

# 22 07-05-2016 , 08:02 PM
Stwert guess you got tired of me user added image heheh,

cant it be done? i just wanted to move the object mode to S instead of NE,

any hint where i should mess with it

thanks for your time.

# 23 08-05-2016 , 02:38 PM
EduSciVis-er
I honestly don't know how exactly to achieve that. Beyond what I've already posted and suggested looking into, I don't know how to get what you want. I've also been quite busy the last while and unfortunately I don't have the time to try to get it working myself. Maybe someone else has an idea.

One other thing to try would be to see if you can get object mode working on a new custom marking menu, and then try to slot that into the existing marking menu.

# 24 10-05-2016 , 06:36 AM
thanks stwert user added image i will try to get somewhere.