Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 13-11-2014 , 09:50 AM

UV's Stretching

I'm new to Maya and for some reason unlike with my other models, when I move my UV's that I've created based on camera view, with this one it pulls the other bits of the UVs with them. I noticed it was doing something similar when modelling but I worked around it, so there has to be some kind of relative shift setting I've got enabled.

It averages the vertices around the one I'm moving, so if I move one the 3 its connected to shift to compensate for it's movement and it's making placing UVs impossible. As seen in the screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/WqtskOE.png

As you can see in the bottom left, when I move 1 UV it drags EVERYTHING along with it and cutting does absolutely nothing.

K, it's sorted. I had soft selection turned on. To turn it off, press B

Last edited by mother01; 13-11-2014 at 09:55 AM.