Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 11-12-2014 , 05:54 PM

Animation shifts on X axis!!!

Hi Everybody,

First of all, I'm quite new to modelling and animation but already watched tons of tutorials user added image I modeled a Mechwarrior and animated it in Maya. My problem is, when I import the model in unity, my animation shifts on X axis although there is no movement on X axis in Maya. I double checked in graph view.

On the other hand, if I don't rotate(+15 , 0, -15) robot's hip(root_joint) on y axis, problem disappears. That move gives more realistic walking to robot so I want to keep it. I checked root joint and control curve pivots so they are aligned perfectly on Y axis.

I also tried to enable "Root Transform Position (XZ)" in Unity but in that case robot doesn't move forward.
Here is a small video of problem : https://youtu.be/QYeCUVX28l4

I'm not sure if anybody experienced such problem before but I'll be highly appreciated if we can come up with a solution.

Looking forward to hear you guys.