Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-12-2014 , 03:24 PM

Blendshape problem

Hi Everybody,

As an ex Softimage user trying to be comfortable within Maya, I came across into a strange problem that I think it is related to the local spacing of the blend shapes and the evaluation order. I just added blend-shapes before skinning process and everything goes fine when the mesh is in the bind pose. Upon applying some animation, there appears some offset problem.

In softimage, solving such a problem is a breeze where you have to make blend-shapes be evaluated after skinning by putting secondary shape constriction mode into action.

here is the result that I am getting:
user added image
user added image

as you can see, shoulder area of the mesh has some unwanted stretching problem.

BTW I just tried to change the order of inputs but it doesn't solve the issue also

Thanks in advance,

Onr