Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-08-2015 , 02:20 PM

Can't turn off snap to grid

So, I'm fairly new to Maya, and the other day, I must've accidentally pressed some weird combination of keys or something. Ever since, all my selections have started snapping to the grid.
I don't have grid snapping selected; I checked a few articles on the net, some people had turned on "discrete move" in the move tool settings, but I guess they removed that in later versions of Maya, cause I can't see it (I'm running Maya 2016)
Anyone know what's going on?

# 2 07-08-2015 , 02:22 PM
OK, just found out something else: it only snaps when I use my pivot's arrows to move the object. Doesn't happen when the use the plane handles or the xyz handle.

# 3 07-08-2015 , 03:07 PM

Figured it out

Never mind...
I had something called step move or something in my move tool settings set to "automatic".
Have no idea what that means, but switched it back to "off", and now everything works like a charm.