Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-10-2015 , 12:42 PM

Opening project freezes at 97%

So i sat all day yesterday to create my enviroment for a character, was really sick of looking at the same references for so long. So happy when i finished. Today, im trying to open my file. I saved it as a .ma. Not sure if i deleted history before. And for some reason I didnt save multiple files as i usually do. I remember after my enviroment was done, I downloaded a map of the place I was using, painting and fixing in photoshop, for some reason that PS document turned out to be 15 gb(??), which made my disk full, so i started to mess around with that, googled if it's safe to delete the appdata/temp files. seemed like it was okay to do. I know that maya saves backup projects to that folder, aswell as photoshop. Not sure, but I had a 15 gb PS file in there anyhow. So I deleted the temp, cleaned up some files, ran ccleaner etc. Reason why im saying this is because im afraid I might have deleted an important file for ths .ma file.

I use Maya 2016. Also there are only mesh objects and I belive 4 reference images, no materials, no textures, no rigged objects, no UV-mapped objects etc.

I tried:
importing the file
importing & opening the file on a diffrent computer
turning off all plugins and opening
renaming .ma to .mb and opening/importing
turning off "execute script nodes" when opening
opening & importing it in a diffrent maya version (2015)

Right now I've opened the .ma in my MEL script editor, been looking through a few google tutorials, but im really confused and dont know what to do. They are too unspecific or doesnt fully explain properly.

I don't know what to do, I can really not be bothered to redo this project..

I'll send you a dropbox link to the .ma file if you guys feel like having a look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4h64bwc8a...oment1.ma?dl=0

Thanks
Skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^

Last edited by Skalman; 22-10-2015 at 07:58 PM.