Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-06-2016 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber

Trying to convert instance to mesh

Hello Maya family, I'm looking to convert instanced objects to mesh, but I'm running into an error.
I have used soup's paintfx to array tool to replace flowers on a tree with apples. The apples are under my outliner as an instance. I'm currently trying modify > convert instance to object, and Maya is giving me the error;
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/scripts/others/convertInstanceToObject.mel line 33: No object matches name:
Am I using the right method to try to convert this? Does anybody know how I can go about fixing it? Other than that my tree is looking cool enough for Newton to sit underneath. I'll definitely post a picture for you guys later!