Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 31-08-2003 , 08:46 PM
Subscriber

Need some texture help!

Hey guys.

I am working on a project right now and I'm trying desperately to get a texture for my wooden hut, something that looks like the photo that I attached.

I have tried many textures that I found on the defno website but nothing comes even close to that.
I apologize if the photo is a bit dark, but please try and see what I mean and let me know if you can help me get or create a texture that looks like that.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-08-2003 , 08:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
I assume you mean the wood? Your best bet is to use a photo, like this one, as a texture source.

# 3 31-08-2003 , 08:55 PM
Subscriber
Yes, sorry, I mean the wood user added image
Problem is, that I don't have a big enough photo to work with...
No other suggestion?

Thanks again!

# 4 31-08-2003 , 09:20 PM
The Maya Mountain
just do a search on google's image search option. Lots of good texture sources out there.

# 5 01-09-2003 , 06:10 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike, I ran a search and found some interesting things, going to try them later on.
Do you think that the photo that I attached (a capture from the movie "Shrek") was built with photo textures?
O am just wondering whether it's possible to create effects like that with procedural textures..

Cheers!

# 6 01-09-2003 , 12:56 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'm 99% sure that they used photos with some photoshop touchups.