Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-10-2003 , 02:38 AM

3Ders R wierd

Has any one ever noticed how people who get into 3D are usualy really wierd?:bgreen:

All the computer kids I've met are all a bit strange, some got heaps of tatoos, some got everthing imaginable pierced.

Moter bike riders (not just any moter bikes but the biggest fastest things around)

a few into deth metal music/ punk/ hiphop etc.

Me I got dreads down to my hips.

what is the reason? user added image is it just that we are the only ones wierd enough to find 3D fun? or is it the computers that make us wierd?

Are you wierd?user added image

one thing is forsure, I wouldn't have it any other way. user added image

xian

# 2 13-10-2003 , 03:10 AM
I guess I look weird for not having any tatoos or piercings. But I do collect, toys for modeling help=)

Attached Images

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 13-10-2003 , 03:26 AM
I know I dont go a day with out being called strange or wierd by my friends, and I also cant get through a day with out my punk music

# 4 13-10-2003 , 04:14 AM

Re: 3Ders R wierd

Originally posted by xian
a few into deth metal music/ punk/ hiphop etc.

Metal makes me weird? wtf?

# 5 13-10-2003 , 04:14 AM
I dunno if I'm considered wierd. I am married to a USAF SSgt computer programmer and Oracle DBA, with a 12yr old daughter who's in Girl Scouts and on the A-B honor roll. I've volunteered with Habitat for Humanity and the Red Cross. I like computers (wierd for a girl, maybe?), my ferrets (we're talking an obsession here), and medieval recreation (ok, now we're getting into the wierd bit).

# 6 13-10-2003 , 04:17 AM

Originally posted by Nataliia
medieval recreation (ok, now we're getting into the wierd bit).

I have a knife.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 13-10-2003 , 04:19 AM
Medieval, not fantasy. We're an historical educational group.

# 8 13-10-2003 , 04:21 AM
Subscriber
That's nothing, they have swords and chain mail, LOL.

I was feeling fairly normal reading the judgment of what is considered weird as I am not pierced, don't listen to the sort of music listed, don't have dreadlocks (that I might have that much hair!), don't have a motorbike etc.

Am I weird to be happy how normal I now think I am? I used to think I was weird! Thank god that's over.

Last edited by Witchy; 13-10-2003 at 04:24 AM.
# 9 13-10-2003 , 04:53 AM
Punk music rocks! Im partial to Dub & Regge myself. user added image

Metal makes the world go round Zyk0tiK, nice knife!

Nataliia the ferrets thing, wierd but they are sooo cute!

So how long has every one been wierd and how long has everyone bin 3din?

Me I bin 3din about 4yrs and I think I got droped when I was little or somethin user added image so I'm only new to the wierd thing.

By the way Kurt, you just landed a job? congrats!

xian wierd is wonderful user added image user added image user added image

# 10 13-10-2003 , 05:03 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm pretty straight-laced and conservative compared to most in this field. When I was at school, it's true that the majority met the description you wrote... when I entered the job field, though, I found that it was quite the opposite. I think out of all the people I've worked with, interviewed with, etc, only one person has met the "weird" description you provided. user added image The majority seem to be fairly "normal" in comparison.

Don't know if that means anything or not.

# 11 13-10-2003 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
I've never really thought of myself as "weird" I don't believe. I like to think of myself as the "geeky" type. Not a nerd, not a dork, not weird, but geeky because I spent every waking hour in front of a computer. It's a strange thing to like, I know, but I'm WEIRD like that. lol

I'll let you decide though. Here's an image of me.

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 13-10-2003 , 06:07 AM
Half my damn school hates me because im so weird. My teachers call me odd right in the middle of class.

I like being odd. If you sit back and look at it, the weird ones dont conform to the norm, hence them being weird. Computers are also not the norm. So you can see how the two would find there way to each other. All of my computer geek friends are at least a bit off. Then theres me, im way outa there.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 13 13-10-2003 , 06:17 AM
May be we all have a different Idea of what weird means

for me it means " unique and irregular" It's a compliment, If there was no uniqueness in this world I don't think Id bother gettin out of bed.

Hey Mike, didn't you say that you a country fan: dude to me thats supa weird. welcom to the happy club user added image on that point that you don't see many weird people in the industry you think I got try to be normal? know of any classes?

Darkware sorry to tell you but if you never smile then you too are weird. just joshin!!! I reckon computers are the weirdest of the lot.

xian user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

# 14 13-10-2003 , 07:07 AM
Kevin
im as normal as can be user added image

# 15 13-10-2003 , 07:19 AM
Subscriber
um.. I dunno how weird I am but I'm sure not like everybody else...

about music wise, I have punk/rock/heavy metal or any other type of screaming... user added image user added image

Give me Spanish Reggae and I'm set user added image user added image

but like Darkware said, it's not that I"m weird or nerdy... but geeky... I still go out places (unlike some people I know) so I dont think I'm that much off a regular person (except for the music thing)

-Emo