Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-01-2004 , 12:05 AM

Polygon smoothing/Undo question...

Working through the 4.5 Fundamentals book, I created a character out of polygons. I used a marking menu that came with the book to "Smooth" it, and it looks great.... but how do I unsmooth it? Maya crashed before I could undo it, so that's not an option... is there a smoothness setting somewhere? An "Unsmooth" option?

Help!

# 2 12-01-2004 , 12:30 AM
The Maya Mountain
If your model still has history, you should have a Smooth history item. You can take the divisions to 0, thus "unsmoothing" the model.

If history is already deleted, it's stuck.

# 3 12-01-2004 , 12:37 AM
Okay, I still don't know how to work the History, but I did find a workaround. Unfortunately, with the smoothed character, Maya was crashing every time I went into the attr. editor. So I figured out how to add a button to the shelf with a script that would lower the divs to 0 without having to open the attr editor. So it's working! And now I have nice little buttons for divs 0 through 3.

It's nice when a potential problem turns out to be a wonderful learning experience. user added image

Thanks for help!

# 4 12-01-2004 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
cool learn something new every day. I was just delitting the smooth node off the model out of the hypergraf.