Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-12-2005 , 10:42 PM

Maya 6.5 temp save failing

hey,

I have a problem with my Maya Unl 6.5. When I'm in the program, and I move around for a bit, after a short while I get the error:

"Fatal Error. Attempting to save in C:/DOCUME~1/DAANSW~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/......ma"

So I figure maya is having a problem with creating Temp save files in the Temp-directory. But does anyone know how to solve this? or perhaps how to change the autosave dir so it does work?
Thnx if anyone can help me...

DaanDrumz

# 2 05-12-2005 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
Hi Daan,

Though I'm pretty new to MAYA (used the wonderfull C4D since the very beginning), I'll have a go on this chapter user added image

Did ya try setting up a PROJECT in order to have working directory in another place than default Doc&Sets directory.

Doc&Sets directory: for which one I would say : "Never use a c:\directory (what ever the depth) >> it's the best way to loose all your work if your OS is ****ed up for whatever the reason.

ps : I didn't find that AUTO Save feature though, speaking about "Incremental save" in save option box ?

# 3 05-12-2005 , 04:00 PM
That just might be the solution to the problem user added image. I changed the default project directory and it hasn't crashed or given errors since! I'll knock on wood just in case :p but thnx a lot!

# 4 05-12-2005 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber
You're welcome dude user added image