Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 30-08-2004 , 11:21 PM
The Maya Mountain
level below Bachelor's

# 17 01-09-2004 , 09:55 AM
Subscriber
I also am unsure in which direction to go with my learning curve at the moment, i have always been interested in computer graphics but didn’t go into it when i left school as i really didn’t feel i was good enough to get into the industry.

so i went to coll and completed an advanced computing course (as i can do networks etc with my hands behind my back). i'm just about to turn 21 and i feel a real regret (and too old to spend 3 years of my life in education again) of not doing what i wanted in the first place.

Now when i look at courses for 3d animation etc it has requirements of other quals like art coll etc. so i am kinda stuck on where to push myself.

At the moment i am focusing on hopefully saving 8 grand to get myself a place on the escape studio's course (which is only 10 weeks) in London as well as getting a hold of all the resources i can.

I currently work as a web design guy (basically as its what i can do for half decent money). Doing it basically because i can. and almost all my spare cash go's on saving for escape and buying info.

i really want to push into the direction of modeling / design but have no clue where to start user added image

"Everybody loves a joker, But no one likes a fool"
# 18 01-09-2004 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
ciaran .....it's never too late to learning......just think of it this way....if you already made up your mind and say it's too late (which is untrue because at 21 you're still a youngin) you will live in regret forever! Then maybe 3 years down the road...you still think about going into the 3d field..

OPsss....you could've been done with that education if you'd just start right now!!!!

good luck!!!!