Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 26-10-2004 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
Im not complaining, its a great head model (better than mine when I starteed the whole organic thing) this is just a suggestion (would help when animating) you might want to make ear cavities and an inside to the mouth, no teeth needed but it might add more curves when you change to sud-b or high poly,

and thx for that joan tut :p

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 17 26-10-2004 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
There is a mouth cavity in the model, its just hidden by intersecting lip geometry at present (yes i kno, bad, slap wrist and all that). I was waiting for my leap into the unknown with an attempt at teeth before i opened it up proper user added image

As for the ear, the @#!*?@ ear. Well. Yes. That needs a lot more than an opening user added image

Currently in the process of body modelling this guy. Nothing to really show for it at present, but as soon as I've cracked the basic topology flow I think it will move along at a great rate. My little brother prefers 2d art and does a lot of photoshop so hes given me some reference plains just to help map out the proportions, and hes keen to give the texture job a go as well.

Thats a weight off my shoulders anyways.

# 18 26-10-2004 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Anyways, thanks for the crits and the praise. And that Joan of Arc tutorial really is amongst the best, IMHO.

# 19 26-10-2004 , 08:05 PM
The Maya Mountain
Nice job! :tup:

# 20 27-10-2004 , 03:11 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike! A lot of the credit for getting me this far goes to you and Kurt. For those ppl who are reading these posts and not checked out the tutorials - do it now.

# 21 27-10-2004 , 03:24 AM
Subscriber
then about the lips, good job user added image .... it looks great so far, cant wait to see a bod

p.s. damn you and your bro helping!!!... o wait my girlfriend draws mine :p

Pretzels and Beer
Pizza Pockets and Computer programers
Shortcuts and 3D artists

May we always be together.
# 22 01-11-2004 , 03:15 AM
Subscriber

Start of Body

Well, after lots of stops and starts, mainly stops, i've begun the work on the rest of this guy. Got some rough proportions on the body and just started detailing the hand and arm.

Going for subtle muscle tones, focusing on good wire placement. Of which I will post shortly, as soon as i can get my screen capture working again

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 01-11-2004 , 03:17 AM
Subscriber
and from behind...

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 01-11-2004 , 08:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Kerosene

This is nice n clean. And those books are good , I have them both plus some Alias dvds all of which would benefit everyone despite their prices!!

I think the front of the cheeks are a little flat they could do with a bit of a tickle in that area. Incidently is this a male or female? As the eyebrows need to be looked at if it were a male, but if its a female they're pretty much there.

Later
_J

# 25 01-11-2004 , 08:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Derr wot a dumb ass I am. Its male (hence the title) Well the brows would need to be heavier over the eyes themselves, this is a feature in all guys and girls that can determine sexes if you see what I'm saying. Check out some good reference for both man and woman and you'll see what I mean.
_J

# 26 02-11-2004 , 12:27 AM
Subscriber
okay then, settling on the arm for a bit. legs next. then that all too tricky torso....

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 02-11-2004 , 12:29 AM
Subscriber
And the other side.
I'll get working on those fixes to the head once i have the entire mesh and i can see which way the wires are going to end up overall. see what i can lose and see what i can gain.

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 02-11-2004 , 04:47 AM
Subscriber
looking good user added image

the baby finger might be a touch too long.

Nice bicep and believable organic curves.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>