Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-03-2006 , 08:09 PM

Air Skimmer

I've been working on this the last few weeks (off and on, as I've had time). I'm trying to figure out if there's any 'cool' stuff more I need to add.... besides the various hatch-plates to cover things, the turret on the back, and the cockpit interior (although I haven't had good sucess with designing interfacing elements in the past, so we'll see how that goes....). So, any reccomendations? In any case, I need to bevel some edges, and mess with normals on the main ship (the engine should be pretty much done, cept uv mapping and texturing...). I am going to be adding a bolting plate to the back of the cockpit area, so its as if they attached the cockpit that way, to the rest of the ship.

thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-03-2006 , 09:48 AM
Haven't done too much other work on the exterior of the ship at the moment. Currently I've been trying a little to work on the interior. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at ergonomics. I think I mght be doing okay here though. prelim shot of the pilot's seat, complete with compartment (I don't know if its actually done yet - I at leat have lo lengthen the legs.) You could stick a parachute in their, although I suppose it could be interesting. I've also got clips or something for a five-point harness - no idea on that yet. More soon or eventually - might have to be after spring break, though.

Attached Thumbnails