Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 07-04-2006 , 09:55 PM
Looking good the loops user added image well done.

PIXELDISFUNCTION.COM

Pelican spaceship
# 17 08-04-2006 , 02:40 PM
Hi Mat - good work so far - I had a quick look at the Plucker website and the character that you are designing - It looks like you are headed in the right direction.

You may have already fixed it, but in one of your shots it looks like the head is a little slanted - maybe to get that pointed chin right. I really like the spindly nature of this character - it will be cool to push that aspect of him to the limit as it looks like you are already doing.

# 18 08-04-2006 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
Hello folks and cheers for your thoughts,

Jack's got his hands now, and what an experience that was!!They need a lot of work, as does the rest of him, at least I now have the outlines to work with. I've lengthened the forearms and done a fair bit of general tweaking too.

Dave, I'm looking forward to doing his hat, it sort of completes him. That and the fact it means that I don't have to learn to model ears yet!!!

I see what you mean about his head leaning back in the profile view arran, I don't think it should be to difficult to sort out, I'll probably end up eating those words now!!

I'll post more as it happens.

Take it easy,

Mat.

edit: I've just been looking at the post and perhaps his shins could do with a little more length, any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by happymat27; 08-04-2006 at 04:38 PM.
# 19 08-04-2006 , 05:14 PM
I think the leg proportions are good. I think the boots Jack wears make his lower legs look a bit longer than they actually are (which is pretty damn long!)

Nice poly flow on the hands, Mat!! It looks to me though as if they could use some thickening up.

Cheers!

Dave

# 20 08-04-2006 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
Good point about the boots, I rekon you're right, thanks. The hands are looking a littlle emaciated at the moment aren't they, my main focus was to get the basic shape down after which his body would be complete then it's just a case of tweaking (lots and lots of tweaking) him into the right shape.

Cheers,

Mat.

# 21 08-04-2006 , 06:30 PM
thats a real creepy looking guy! goood job, you are good! nothing to ccrit

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 22 09-04-2006 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
Cheers MatTheMan, he's the good guy too, you should see the bad guys!!

This afternoon's been pretty productive, after much deliberation I decided to lengthen his leg after all. I did the whole leg to keep it in proportion with itself, I enhanced the calf muscle and played around with the knee area too, it's all made him look very tall and very skinny.... just the ticket!!

Not that you'll be able to see from these shots but I've beefed up the hands and, after looking at the book some more, made them a little larger.

I've done a load of work to his head, his cheeks have been made more prominent, I made the eye sockets accept an eye ball and I've adjusted the shape of them, the nose is just about done (it could still do with thinning out on the bridge a bit though) and the list goes on.

Here's a couple of screen shots, any thoughts are, as usual, welcome.

Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 10-04-2006 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
Hello folks,

after pushing and pulling vertices for the past couple of days, I decided to make a start on his boots and jester hat. Still a long way to go, I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 10-04-2006 , 02:59 PM
Awesome work Mat,

Looking forward to the updates.

user added image

# 25 11-04-2006 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
daddy long leggs

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 26 12-04-2006 , 10:31 AM
Subscriber
Thanks concorddawned.

Here's a progress report, his chest plate is made and he has cuffs on his wrists now. A whole load of vert tweaking has been done around his face and I'm sure I've done more but can't remember what!!

I decided to see how he looked smoothed and quickly rendered, I'm pretty pleased with the result so far, I think I'm going to make a start on the inside of the mouth next.

Cheers for your thoughts,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 12-04-2006 , 10:32 AM
Well done nice character.

PIXELDISFUNCTION.COM

Pelican spaceship