Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-08-2013 , 04:52 PM

MR Blinn Color Not Matching Sample Colors in Attribute Editor

Hello All,

Needing a little help rendering a boat in Mental Ray. I am rendering out a boat and can't seem to get the cabin color to match the sample color that is portrayed in the attributes editor. The color is much brighter than I would expect it to be. I was expecting it to be much more grey that it is rendering.

I am using the Physical Sun and Sky, with Global Illumination, Final Gathering and Ambient Occlusion.

Here is a few pictures of what I am talking about. The texture I have attached to the MR_Blinn has a grey layer in the PSD as well. So I am a little lost on why my render is turning out so white.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

user added image

user added image

user added image

** I somewhat found a solution, I switched the material to a mia_material and the color seems to be more accurate now. Curious I don't remember having a issue in the past when rendering with Bliin's... Huh... TY all.

Last edited by jgilbreath; 05-08-2013 at 05:02 PM.
# 2 05-08-2013 , 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
You've seemly run into some gamma problems. It's an issue that comes up quite a bit when working with the physical sky. I did a blog post about it.

- Genny