Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-06-2004 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber

DVD vs. Apache

Being a student I'm only able to spend $100 and if pushing it, up to $150 at the moment. I'm just wondering which would be a better place to start ... the organic modeling DVD or the apache tutorial. The apache tutorial says its for intermediate users so I'm thinking it might be too advanced for a beginner. Any suggestions? Thanks.

# 2 09-06-2004 , 09:01 PM
Kevin
both are great as both are take it from the start till the end without the massive missing gaps you find on most dvds or vids...

Basically it depends if you want non organic (hard surface look) or organic (for cratures, humans etc)

But you will learn a lot from both, we have had many of both go out and so far have had no complaints user added image

# 3 09-06-2004 , 09:02 PM
Kevin

# 4 09-06-2004 , 10:31 PM
Subscriber
well as kevin allready said.... It's just what you would like to learn.. I prefer learning more organic stuff like characters...but at the same time somebody else could shout out that he prefers static modelling...more like robots, vehicals..and so on..

well whatever you do...you will be in good hands here at sm..I can tell ya that user added image

# 5 09-06-2004 , 10:59 PM
Subscriber
wow thanks for the fast replies guys! i'll think i'll start off with character modeling first ... hopefully i'll be posting my first works for you to comment on soon. thanks for your help!!

# 6 10-06-2004 , 06:58 AM
Kevin
thats cool mr knight, thx for supporting the site user added image