Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 91 09-06-2004 , 11:58 AM
little nitpickings...user added image (being a teller has soured my mood even moreuser added image)
maybe a person or a car or something to give perspective, yeah its a 25tons or so monster but sizes look odd to me...
maybe the shadows too, i get the impression that in the comped buildings/sky the sun would be medium on the upper left corner, casting shadows to the right/lower right corner...?
and the specular of the tank, something to match the wetness of the street...
the front looks a bit noisy ...
does it reflects on the crystal door on the left on the animation?

toldya, just nit picking...

the pic is great!

Last edited by dragonfx; 09-06-2004 at 12:14 PM.
# 92 20-06-2004 , 08:55 PM
uugui

# 93 21-06-2004 , 08:39 AM
wow incoherency on a monday morning... great user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 94 22-06-2004 , 06:36 AM
looks great.. I agree with dragon... and another thing that might help a little, would be to change the angle of the camera lense... the tank feels like its in a slightly different perspective than the street. I think a wider camera angle would help. (I notice it most on the turret, it doesn't seem to fit somehow)

"On the other hand... the early worm gets eaten."
# 95 23-06-2004 , 05:33 PM
Wow, very nice. Clean, lots of detail.
I got a question though; are you going to animate the tracks?
I've found that animating tracks is really tricky. Was wondering how you would go about doing that.

# 96 23-06-2004 , 05:47 PM
download the AS_treadscreation script from their website (makes it a LOT easier!) user added image

IMDB
# 97 03-07-2004 , 01:17 PM
well I 'm lazy so here we go with the final thing I think (unless I all of a sudden get the urge to go and uv the whole bloody thing!!!)

EDIT my turntable shot is too big to upload at the moment so I will re-upload it on monday.

I'm uploading the model to SM as well so feel free to use it etc i make no guarantees about the cleanness of the model or anything and there's no textures so that's all up to you!! user added image PM me if you do something good with it.

Alan

IMDB
# 98 28-07-2004 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber
good job. i want to be able to make stuff like that. im getting adobe after effects and going to make a movie with tanks and battle ships over a video i did ... visual compositing i think its called

# 99 02-08-2004 , 04:43 AM
Very nice, I love to see work like that.

www.ahearnart.com
aim: kaltnue303

JOIN THE 3D USERS MYSPACE GROUP:
https://groups.myspace.com/3DNERDS