Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 06-08-2004 , 09:03 AM
nice work. think the lighting could need some work also. the shadows look too sharp and black now. However, you have inspired me to do a bathroom scene too now user added image

# 17 06-08-2004 , 07:27 PM
Hey thanks guys!!

RubberChicken,

LOL! :p

ransick,

I'll try making a tutorial soon user added image

slatamilian,

I have not seen any bathroom tutorials around the net. The shower curtain I use poly modeling extruding along a curve. The video you speak of sound interesting.

Anhslaught,

Well maybe my next wip i'll show the whole process from start to enduser added image The tiles are bumpuser added image

Billy_Cat,

yeah I need to learn how to use the lighting better. I do have mental rays now, so i'll see how that works out in my next sceneuser added image

DJbLAZER,

I'm glad I could inspired youuser added image Yeah I know the light needs more work, but i'm getting better, I hopeuser added image

# 18 16-08-2004 , 01:54 PM
Subscriber
Excellent work, man. How long did it all take?
user added image

# 19 27-08-2004 , 12:32 PM
Hey thanks FrenZy,

sorry I took so long to reply, i've been very busy.

I think it all took me about 3 to 4 days, but if you mean, just the working time alone, I would say 10 to 15 hours

# 20 12-04-2005 , 08:47 AM
Hey guys,

I am learning mental ray, and I did a render of the bathroom with mental ray using only one point light, which before I had 3 point lights rendering it with maya rendering.

I used final gather.

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 16-04-2005 , 10:19 PM
Another update:

user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 22 16-04-2005 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
Lovely work. The lighting was better for daytime in the first pic (of the updates), I think the second one looks too colourful. I'd say though the first pic is still slightly too yellow, maybe an icey blue light would work better? Just basically less artificial lighting, more real light. The sink & bath area look spot on to me by the way user added image

Again, nice work on the car/shack/forest work too!

# 23 19-04-2005 , 12:48 AM
Hey thanks for the c&cuser added image

well i've been working on another scene, which I will post in the wip forum soonuser added image