Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 10-09-2004 , 10:22 AM

animate C to go along a path

Hi

I'm trying to do a logo animation.

I'm trying to make a line animate along a path, not only following it, but also deforming to fit the path. The Idea is that it follows the path ontil it's shaped like a "c". Stay like that for a while and then continiue along the path to disapear. See the picture. Hope you understand.

Any good advice on how to do that? I've tried to do a animated map for the transparency, but that would take forever and I have more than just one letter who needs this. Any help very welcome.

Thanks, Jakob

user added image

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 2 10-09-2004 , 10:58 AM
Perhaps... Is it possible to make a long thin polygon cube with, say, 90 subdivisions in height. And the in some easy (you guys know so many tricks) way deform it along a curve?

Course the I could UV map it before deforming it, and producing the transperency map would be easy...

... just a thought. Still open for better suggestions

: ) Jakob

<i>It's the "hard", that makes it great! - Tom Hanks</i>
# 3 10-09-2004 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber
I think the easyest way for you, since you have the transparinsy map idea already. Is to not use a ANIMATED treanparinsy map.. just use a ramp to make that. and Key the ramps color positional attributes.