Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-01-2005 , 02:50 PM

manipulating lips, eyebrows and creating expresions

Hi all,

I'm currently working on my first project creating an animated head, so far i've managed fine by trial and error but i'm now at a point were i want to move its eyebrows and lips and so far i have only use bones to crate movement, i assume there are deformers that people most commomnly use to move certain aspects of the face, could somebody please help me out on this one?

thanks a lot

Andy

# 2 04-01-2005 , 06:49 PM
An easy way to do this is by duplicating the orginal head then on the duplicate adjust the eyebrows to where you want them to be at there highest then select the dup head then the org head and go to Animation/deformers/create blend shape. This will blend the 2 shapes togeather and create a slider in the blind shape window (window/animation editers/blend shape) that will allow you to move the eyebrows up and down. You can do this for as many expressions as you would like.

Hope this helps...

D.

# 3 04-01-2005 , 06:57 PM
thanks dragon, i was way off with my train of thought, makes good sence when you think about it though. anyway thanks again and i'll be sure to showcase my crappy model once its done.

as a last point, if i do this on half a head that i will use to mirror, will it also mirror all of these deformers or will there be one slider for both eyebrows? hope you understand what i'm getting at

thanks

andy