Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-03-2005 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber

black line around fur

Hi.

I am rendering out a character with fur using mental ray. Using the same settings (as far as i can tell) i sometimes get a nice render out such as the example if the character on the left in the picture i have included. Sometimes however i seem to get ghastly lines around the fur, like the example on the right of the picture. i have about 15 shots of the old man and 8 or so have this problem.

I rendered both out with premultiply on and imported into after effects with premultiply alpha channel settings.

Has anyone any ideas?

I have also posted this in fur section. i wasnt sure.

Thanks, Matt

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-03-2005 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
I have noticed it is around all of the character. Problably not a fur problem then.

# 3 06-03-2005 , 04:45 PM
Subscriber
Might be a clipping plane problem the makes objects that are really close together appear to show through each other. If this is the case, try these settings:

Auto render clip planes=Off
Near clip plane=1.0
Far clip plane=11000

Really cool looking model, btw.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 06-03-2005 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
ill give that i try. Thanks