Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-03-2005 , 02:54 PM

Batch Rendering Please Help

Hi, i just got a new computer, its a dual opteron 2.0 ghz, with 2 gigs of ram and a NVidia FX5200 Card, it has an IWILL Motherboard and a maxtor harddrive, im using maya 6.0 and when i batch render it says
// Result: Rendering with Maya Software... //
But never goes past that. Has anyone figured out why this is happening, I need it to render out an animation for school.

Thanks,
Flamez

# 2 13-03-2005 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
what settings are you using in the render globals?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 14-03-2005 , 12:28 AM
Just the basic things, production quality, nothing fancy. It works on my brothers HP computer, with the same settings, but it doesnt work on this one. He's running a 2.2 ghz Amd Athlon 3200+ with 512 ram.

# 4 19-03-2005 , 12:56 PM
It may very well be that Maya does begin to render but doesn´t really tell you in any way but the little sentence you mentioned. I remember being confused as well first time I tried, thinking nothing was happening, but when I looked in the output folder images started popping up after a while after all!

Have you waited to see if any images were produced?

# 5 21-03-2005 , 05:31 AM

Originally posted by Staffan Lindroth
It may very well be that Maya does begin to render but doesn´t really tell you in any way but the little sentence you mentioned. I remember being confused as well first time I tried, thinking nothing was happening, but when I looked in the output folder images started popping up after a while after all!

Have you waited to see if any images were produced?

I have the same problem. I felt weird so that I created a very simple scene which only one ball animates from x -10 to x 10., 6o frames. My god,.....It took me arond 8 hours and only 40 images I got.
My machine is P4 3.2HT
Windows xp sp2 with Norton anti-virous 2005
Maya 6.0.1

# 6 21-03-2005 , 06:51 AM
Subscriber
FlameZ, Totochi,

Disable any unnecessary programs running in background. Also try disabling your antivirus software, as I am discovering some have issues especially with mental ray.

Good luck to you both.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."