Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-04-2005 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber

Inspired

A huge thank you to the admins and managers of this site, you are saints for lowly beings such as myself.

I've been 'umming and ahhing' for a long while about whether I should throw myself at the deep-end, and thanks to the excellent community and outright professional talent from some of you, I have been encouraged & inspired to really go for it. I have been in marketing and web design for the past few years, and this will be quite a jump for me. But if I can get even half as good as some of you in a year or 2 I'll be laughing. Trying the free tutorials has been a great toe-dipping session for me and for that I'm very thankful to Kurt, his words and demonstration are superb - but thanks to everyone else for their contributions - i look forward to 'shopping' and trying others' tutorials.

Also i noticed a publication by Mike - i presume you are one of the cheeses here, I must say well done also to you - a massive feat of effort and thoroughly defines passion for your work.

I look forward to speaking with you guys. Look after this forum, there aren't many like this around. user added image

# 2 04-04-2005 , 09:11 PM
Welcome to Sm and thanks for the kind words. I hope you learn a lot from us and looking forward to seeing your progression.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 05-04-2005 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
Welcome to SM..

# 4 05-04-2005 , 02:18 AM
Welcome to SM!user added image

# 5 05-04-2005 , 08:27 AM
Subscriber
Many thanks for the warm welcome, I will no doubt show you my progress when I have made something of my own imagination. user added image

I'm around 3/4 done on the Cartoon dog right now, and have also just dabbled for a week or two seeing what sense i could make of the program on my own with only help files and some basic Maya literature. So far it's all going great user added image

For many like myself, learning without a website like this would make things infinately harder

# 6 05-04-2005 , 08:50 AM
Kevin
welcome to sm user added image

# 7 11-04-2005 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber

people seeing the light

i found sm about a year ago,and sure ive spent my money on tutorials, but hey was it worth it! when i got maya i spent 200 on books but when i hit a problem it would take me hours to work it out...if only i had someone stood at my shoulder to say just do it this way, one tutorial well made is worth ten books, thanks to the fantastic apache helicopter tutorial i did about three months ago , i made my own. i work full time in the real world , and dont get a lot of time to get into the forums here as much as i would like but like you i realy appreciate the posting and sence of community, when i am good enough or confident enough i will give back what i can...promise.:p

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 12-04-2005 , 12:29 AM
Thank you for the kind words.......Welcome to here!!!!user added image