Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 91 21-04-2005 , 11:10 AM
Looking really nice pony, I like the hooves very much. It's details like these that make this horse into a horse-robot user added image . In the beginning I was thinking that it's more "just" a horse (even though it's a fantastically modelled and rigged horse), but now I see it being a robot. Keep it up!

# 92 21-04-2005 , 12:36 PM
Subscriber
BMS, I hope to entertain.. LOL I want to see it completed also. Not sure how it will turn out myself.

Daandrumz, I understand what your saying. I am trying to work with some ideas like tendons because I think the sliding around is cool and having a basic bone structure like a horse for other reasons. But besides keeping them in mind I would like to get as clearly robotic details as I can. Its just taking me a while with this to get down to the details on some things. I might look more in to like ghost in the shell for some ideas. ETC..

btw every one.. have any ideas or comments? I'm all ears.

Question... Anyone know if and what the benifits would be in making this character big in the scene. Right now it stands to the head at 15.7 units off the ground. I have seen some other stuff around where there characters are huge compared to the grid. It does seem to help with cam work when working on detailed stuff up close. Any other reasons ? I think I remember kurt once mentioning in a tutorial that cloth worked better..

Last edited by Pony; 24-04-2005 at 05:34 AM.
# 93 22-04-2005 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
well I've had a sick kid on my hands all day. Been organising more on the model though, when I can and I remembered I had totally forgotten to post a pic of the tail bone's LOL. so here they are. not that its a big deal

user added image

Last edited by Pony; 24-04-2005 at 05:27 AM.
# 94 22-04-2005 , 08:55 AM
Subscriber
Good luck Pony with the finals, I would hate to be a judge for this challenge, even if you dont animate it you got one hell of a machine.

good luck
Daeuser added image

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 95 23-04-2005 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
Well I think its time I talked about the "USE".

Its a time of war. Much like the Terminater in the movie of the same name. These robotic horses get a outside living skin to disguise themselves.
The story: They wait in storage untill called upon. At that time they are given targeting data and have a small nuclear bomb loaded in to an open place in there belly. They then go on to get a living skin put over there outside to make them harder to detect. They are released as close as possible to the target with out detection. Then they gallop, trot, what ever they can , to make their way to the target. Evading people and electronic detection and BOOM ! Detonation in the target area. Probably a millitary base or factory setting.

A new take on the Trojan horse.

I hope to have a couple little story board pannels up later but because of the time required to do minutes of animation, a full blown animation before the end of the challange is out of the question. A small snip to give the idea could be possible.

Last edited by Pony; 24-04-2005 at 05:26 AM.
# 96 25-04-2005 , 07:34 AM
Subscriber
its very nice...but cant u do a different render..i mean why is it white on white??.....user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 97 25-04-2005 , 07:38 AM
Subscriber
uhh i just cant help myself..uhh no offense pony.. but since ur gona be working hard on this , i honestly dont like the hooves..tey look more like one of theses old telephones..ugh..
;;;:bored:
am sure am gona get bombarded for this.but i dont mean it in a bad way..really..

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 98 25-04-2005 , 08:11 AM
Subscriber
anita no prob, dif render.. well I go with this becouse its eazy to see what is going on with out a lot of fuss.. but its not like I'm atached at the hip to them. LOL So any sugestions on some difrent renders you would like to see ? I'm not planning on much work on the shaders till I get at least the legs fully rigged up and all modeled btw.

About the hoofs.. LOL np.. acualy I'm like old telephone... hummm terning my head sideways.. squinting.. oh,, yeah. I do see it some.. LOL Not really sure how else i would do them. I tryed to make them funtional. Didn't think just solid blocks were right, had to hallow them out some otherwise there's to much un-nessisary weight, etc. And if your refuring to the round cut outs in the top to hollow it out.. I was thinking about makeing them more squarish.. think that would work ? I might try it just to see.

# 99 25-04-2005 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
ugh! ..thankx pony for not yealing back at me..ur so cute!

uhh am lousy at designing..but yeah try something else..see if it gets worse or better...
user added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 100 25-04-2005 , 09:01 AM
I gotta say I like the render style a lot; like this it's clear what the focus should be on (the model), and it even has something stylish, simple white (like apple designs).
I would love to see an animation before the deadline user added image...I think that would crank it up a lot, even if it's not top notch per se, just for fun.
But I like it a lot; if I see the final participants in the contest, I wouldn't like to be a judge...

# 101 25-04-2005 , 09:13 AM
Subscriber
you can focus more on the model when its not blending in with the background..like a black on white or darker background or oposite %$#??.!!.

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 102 25-04-2005 , 09:14 AM
Subscriber
i just think theres too much white going on thats all coz when i look at it for more than 15 sec my eyes start hurting..ugh..or is it too much computeruser added image

Alpha Gamma Sygma.
# 103 25-04-2005 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber
something more contrasty,, I'll look in to it. more of a nutral gray on background could be nice for a change. About the to much white and herting your eye's though. I can understand it. but still could be a sign of to much computer.. even if I stay with white , they could use some more contrast ya'''ll think ?

# 104 28-04-2005 , 02:17 AM
Subscriber
ScreenGrab. Things have bean so hectic. Anyway still pulgging away at it. Heres a screengrab. Working on the hydrolic covers for the legs now.

user added image

# 105 30-04-2005 , 09:53 AM
Moved and renamed this thread here by request...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!