Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 61 31-10-2005 , 07:51 PM
What are your model made of? Subds or polys?

# 62 31-10-2005 , 08:03 PM
nice pose, it definately shows your model off well user added image

good luck with the textures and looking forward to seeing it up!

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 63 01-11-2005 , 02:19 AM
looks like polys

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 64 01-11-2005 , 05:36 AM
19 year Veteran
Final entry is up! The model is made of poly's. Hope it's not too dark for you all to see. If it is, brighten up your monitor a little. My monitor is set on graphics ( bright mode) for all my model work. This message board could use a darker themed background by the way.

# 65 01-11-2005 , 06:06 AM
really nice!
I belive you have a great chance to win this one.

but the image looks littler dark even with my bright set it to up.

Anyway its looks great.

# 66 01-11-2005 , 07:47 AM
19 year Veteran
Updated the final pic. It's a bit brighter now, you should be able to see it better. user added image

# 67 01-11-2005 , 10:43 AM
Wow, very good entry! With textures and lighting, it became really great. My only complain is that you should have done the entire model, not only a peace. If it was entire you would gain a lot in dramaticity. I didn't play Lifeforce during all my life, and I don't know what this snake do in the game. But if it attack the ship, you could have done a liitle ship and put it in front of the snake. So we could realize the real size of snake (of course I'm just imagining this, as I said, I don't know anything about the game). Many congrats for your results, I hope you win, old man.user added image

# 68 01-11-2005 , 11:26 AM
19 year Veteran
Thanks for the comment jramauri, that means alot to me!

I would have done the whole snake if I had the time, and if I was allowed to post at high resolution. I only had a few days out of the week between work to actually spend time on the model, and most of that was spent searching for refferences. I started to do the full body. I even had a WIP so show it, but time started to run out and I had to decide on something. That decision could very well cost me the challenge, but if I don't win, it doesn't bother me, It's the experience I gain that counts the most.

I enjoyed being part of this simply maya challenge, and if must say, I think I made a good impression as an old nooby.user added image